Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

The game's story takes place during the year 1797, 5 years after the events of Rondo of Blood. The story begins with Richter Belmont's defeat of Count Dracula, mirroring the end of the former game. However, despite Dracula being defeated, Richter vanishes without a trace. Castlevania rises again five years later, and while there are no Belmont's to storm the castle, Alucard, the son of Dracula, awakens from his self-induced sleep, and decides to investigate what transpired during his slumber.
Meanwhile, Maria Renard, Richter's sister-in-law, enters Castlevania herself to search for the missing Richter. She assists Alucard multiple times throughout the game.
There are four separate endings to the story. If a certain sequence of events is followed, Richter is revealed to be under the influence of the dark priest Shaft. After the latter is defeated, an upside-down version of Castlevania, the Inverted Castle, appears from the heavens. This castle contains another entire series of adventures, crowned by the ultimate face-off between Alucard and his revived father, Dracula himself.
The Castlevania series was always in the back of my head. This game changed my childhood. Monumental memories drive me to never get bored with this game. At this point in my life the music I listen to has changed. Dubstep had just found its way into my heart and there was no stopping the two combining. Castlevania has the perfect 2D graphics to merge with Dubstep. The sprites in the game are smooth and the monsters are unique. I set out to show YouTube how special this game was and fulfill my urge to create videos. This is the first video I made from Castlevania: SOTN
I worked hard, so I thought, and brought the story line together with music. Dubstep is tricky and fast.
 The second video I made from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was a revamped version of the first. I incorporated more clips at far greater speeds and added more boss fights. The story line is essential to the videos so I won't miss a thing. Being a Dubstep series, naturally I had to use Skrillex. Two videos is enough so I will not be using Skrillex anymore. Also with this series I made the transition to a better Capture Card! Yay! The Hauppauge PVR 2 Gaming Edition is down right SICK! It is the best of the best and I use it all the time. Having it allowed me to learn so much about video editing. It comes with Arcsoft Editing software that is very useful. This video however I used Cyberlink Power Director 11 http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-deluxe/features.html And brother I'm telling you... Awesome!
I learned over my travels of YouTube that having an inviting thumbnail and keyword placement will get you far. Enjoy the video and it is flashy so don't go epileptic on me. Expect more from this series... far more than I have time for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment